Thursday, February 27, 2014

Genius

Today's high is a whopping 12 degrees and tonight's low is -9. Why many of you may think this is terribly cold, this has been the norm for most of the past three months here in Michigan. This winter is abnormally cold with record breaking temperatures. I have seen a snow covered ground going on four months now and our back yard has at least a foot and a half of snow/ice that seems to never want to leave. While it is nearly impossible for me to get any exercise outside due to the ice and snow, I have still been able to go to my workout classes. My dog on the other hand, is not able to run around in the yard, go for walks, or go to the field to release some energy due to this iceland. She instead would be stuck inside only to go out when she needs to go potty and constantly at my side begging for me to play with her in an enclosed space much smaller than a yard or field. This is why I believe whoever thought of the wonderful idea of dog day care is a genius! Instead of keeping her cooped up all day, I can take her to a place where she can socialize with other pups and release all that built up energy. On days when I take her I usually drop her off on my way to work and pick her up on my way home. When we get home, she runs right to her food bowl, begs for me to feed her, eats, and then passes out. Doggie day care is not only good for her but it helps me relax knowing I will have a chance to unwind after a long day instead of chasing my dog around the house with her toys in hopes to wear her down before bed. While I greatly appreciate dog day care I would really prefer a snow/ice free field with bearable temperatures to run my dog in. Hurry up warm weather!

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine experiencing the winter y'all have had in Michigan. I always prefer leaving AB at doggy day care placed when we go out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Amber! Thank goodness for dog school! Mama is going this weekend so I can visit Cathy. Yay!

    ReplyDelete