Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thank you, Al Gore...


Today I am grateful for the Internet.  Not only is this genius invention the sole reason we are all able to co-create a blog together, but it is also an extremely useful tool for accomplishing work, school, and entertainment tasks from the comfort of one's own pajamas. I have utilized the Internet in many useful capacities just today! I woke up this morning and checked on the Atlanta ice storm apocalypse that turned out not to be a big deal, tweeted for my internship, emailed my family members, and am now writing this blog post. By far the most convenient and time-consuming Internet activity in which I participated was creating a group presentation for school without leaving my home. I researched, created drafts, contacted my team members, and revised all afternoon without having to visit someone's smelly apartment or make small talk with anyone's irritating boyfriend. While I wish I had just been playing in the snow, I was so thankful to be off the roads and in my living room for all these magical Internet missions!

3 comments:

  1. I learned a new internet skill today. Google Hangout. You can video chat with people over google! Great for group projects I would guess. I had a very entertaining conversation with my sisters on Google Hangout tonight!! We should all give it a try sometime soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Google Hangout. Sounds like a pretty entertaining evening to me :-)

    ReplyDelete