Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Solitude

Often throughout my day today I contiplated as to what my blog should be about. I am grateful for much throughout each day but was not at all sold on any of my ideas. Due to a stressful day at work, I decided to leave early. After arriving home and stepping into my house, it dawned on me...complete and utter silence. No sounds of the TV playing Sports Center, rattling of pots & pans as my husband makes dinner, and absolutely no voices...just complete and utter silence. As I made my way in the door I sat on my couch (pet Amber) and just sat there. I then realized that I could not recall the last time I heard the sound of absolutely nothing. I cannot recall the last time I was able to just sit in peace. After a few busy weeks of being nonstop on the go this feeling simply struck me as odd. Over the past few weeks my work days have consisted of me getting up at 6am, going to work, going to kickboxing after work, arriving home around 8pm (typically to my husband cooking dinner and Sports Center blasting on the television), taking a shower, then doing laundry (or what ever chores needed to be done), doing dishes after dinner, conversating with my husband about our day, and finally making it to bed around 11:00 every night. My weekends have been just as hectic with me having to work, chores, errands needing to be ran, but tonight... tonight was different. I did not go to kickboxing as I canceled early in the day due to not feeling well, left work early, and came home to my husband being out of town. As I sit here writing this blog in a world of silence, no distractions, no one to answer to, I appreciate this time alone. I do not get this opportunity often but I appreciate the solitude. When I finish this blog I will probably go pour myself a cocktail and do some laundry, maybe listen to some music but throughly enjoy the peace.

3 comments:

  1. There is something so peaceful about solitude! Enjoy your evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! Silence :-) I do enjoy having some silence, especially after a busy day. I find my mostly silent time in the early morning when Ru, Paul, and AB are all still sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you are speaking my language! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete