Saturday, February 15, 2014

Vacay!!!


A little late on my last post for the week, but here we go! Tonight I am grateful for vacations.  In the morning I will be heading to Miami and then Mexico for a much needed mental break.  I am already trying to relax myself, as I can be a bit of a worrier.  Over the past few days, with Atlanta showing how infrastructurally fragile it can be, I have mulled over several crazy scenarios about what could go wrong on my trip. I had myself convinced that the earthquake in Augusta was a precursor to some catastrophic, metropolis-ending event that would forever separate me from my family and friends, I wondered if someone would steal my dog from daycare, I stupidly read a few recent news items about cruise ship disasters, and I (in reality) had my bank account frozen because of a Target debit card issue.  I have also been a bit worried about leaving my Dad behind because we haven't been apart since my Mom died, and I even had to leave all my electronics in Decatur because I live in a break-in-prone neighborhood. Despite all these ridiculous and irritating could-be and actual events, I have decided to let go and be thoroughly excited about rest, relaxation, and fun. I will send y'all some pictures, say a little prayer for the crew and captain before I leave, and be thankful for the ability to vacation. Blog away, Marian!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the rest and relaxation. It will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures from your vacation!

    ReplyDelete