Friday, February 14, 2014

Rainbow of Delight


After having many weather-based days off in quiet reflection recently, I felt a little overwhelmed today when I had to be surrounded by other people (again, I swear I am not a misanthrope), traffic, noise, and children who hadn't been to school for far too long. Fortunately, I got to spend most of my day in Decatur, and that fabulous place eased my tension.  I ran into one of my dear friend's fathers (Pat Crenshaw), got an oil change, dropped Sugar Mama off at school, and was even able to drink several cups of iced coffee! While all of these activities were either enjoyable or necessary the best and most self-indulgent part of my day came when I treated myself to Valentine's lunch at Rainbow Grocery.  I have a supreme love for this organic food store, which doubles as a restaurant with excellent to-go and buffet options, and I eat food from there in my car at least twice weekly.  Today, however, I paid for my bean burritos, salad, and vegan carrot cake and sat down to a leisurely repast in their tiny, back-of-store dining room.  I was already having the time of my life when, lo and behold, my Dad walked in from the shoe store next door to refill his coffee (I guess the coffee gene runs in the family). I had a delightful time chatting with him on his break and was grateful to be in Decatur, to have a parent whom I love, and to be in a store that makes being healthy delicious. Happy Valentine's Day, friends!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! I too love Rainbow's bean burritos!! So delicious! Also love running into dads while out and about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun coincidence that you ran into your dad at Rainbow! Your Valentina's day treat sounds delicious too.

    ReplyDelete