Sunday, February 16, 2014


One.  More.  Day. 

Since we just experienced snowcation part two and I have not been back to work since last Monday I am anxious to get back into the swing of things.  I thoroughly enjoyed my snow days (Wednesday and Thursday) and am slightly peeved we didn’t have school Tuesday and Friday.  Too much idle time isn’t good for this busy bee, I accomplished nothing other than consuming too many libations, watching countless hours of the same (weather) news, and over 30 hours of House of Cards on Netflix(I’m late I just started season one in the past few days).  After all that being said; I am so thankful for my one more day off, Presidents day.  That gives me time to prepare for everything that I need to accomplish next week, a little more time for relaxation (as if I haven’t had enough), one more day to run outside in the sunlight vs. the gym and time to wrap my mind around the final stretch of the school year.  The next six weeks are the longest stretch of the school year without any three day weekends, whoa is me, these short rewards in small bursts always give me motivation and something to look forward to so wrapping my mind around 6 weeks of working 5 days a week is overwhelming, yet I will persevere spring break is just beyond the river bend and summer vacation is so close (provided we don’t have any more snow) I can practically smell the ocean and feel the sun on my face! 

I am also beyond thankful that I found my handy grade book.  I had a brief moment of panic when I thought it was missing.  I could only imagine having to dig up 90 fifth grader’s grades from the entire semester that have to be posted online by the end of the week!  SIGH of relief!
 

 
 

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to start House of Cards! Good luck with work, I'm in the same boat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mondays are my favorite weekday to be off! Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perseverance until adult spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was relieved when you told me you found your grade book. I'm sure it was quite a sinking feeling when you realized you didn't have it. Good luck back at school tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete