Monday, March 17, 2014

MARCH MADNESS, BABY!!!!



I am grateful for college basketball today!!  This is just about my favorite time of the year!  

During my lunch break, I have been reading sports blogs, filling out my bracket and listening to sports radio. Kentucky (my home state team and alma mater) has a rough go of it this year - our region is probably the most stacked of all the regions (we always get a raw deal in tournament selection).  Check out the history contained in our region:

  • Duke - the shot heard 'round the world!!!  Christian Laettner makes the game winning shot in overtime during the 1992 Final Four.  He still won't stop for gas or to use the facilities if traveling by car through the state of Kentucky.  SMART MAN.  the shot heard round the world
  • Louisville - our in-state rival and the defending national champion.  We beat them on our home court back in December. We also beat them in the tournament on our way to win the 2012 National Championship.
  • Michigan - Met last in the 1993 Final Four, Michigan wins in overtime.  Michigan goes on to lose to UNC in the championship game and later had all its victories for that season vacated.
  • UMASS - Met last in the 1996 Final Four, UK went on to win the championship that year.  Also formerly coached by our current coach, John Calipari.
The Cats take the court against Kansas State in St. Louis at 9:40pm on Friday - make sure you tune in!  

I'm off to study my bracket some more . . . gotta win that $1,000,000,000 Warren Buffet is giving away.


GO CATS!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment