Monday, January 27, 2014

TRADER JOE'S!!!!!




Well . . . it looks like I goofed and missed my first day of blogging.  I'll be sure to do a "bonus" post this week to make up for my oversight.

Today, I want to talk about something I am very grateful for . . . Trader Joe's, your friendly neighborhood grocer.  It's no secret I am obsessed with TJ's, and I don't believe I've ever come across anyone who doesn't absolutely lurve it.  In fact, our friends across the border in Canada love it so much that a enterprising man purchased $350,000 worth of TJ's products and sold them for a handsome profit in Vancouver (at a store aptly called Pirate Joe's - ha!).  Check out his story:  Man spends $350,000 at Trader Joe's in Seattle and resells it at a profit in Vancouver at his Pirate Joe's

 TJ's is the perfect place to shop when you usually are cooking for one or sometimes don't feel like cooking at all because you're just ready to decompress from a stressful day at work.  They have great prices on organic and non-GMO products as well as antibiotic-free meat.  I have also been really impressed with their shift in seafood suppliers to make sure their selection is coming from sustainable sources.  You can read more about this here.  

For lunch today, I made a delicious salad courtesy of Orna at Orna Bakes.  She loves Trader Joe's maybe even more than I do - in fact, she an amazing list of all the best products at Trader Joe's, including Weight Watcher point values.  You can check it out here - Orna's TJ Shopping List

Onto my delicious salad . . . it is Asian-inspired and super healthy and almost all the ingredients can be found at TJ's!!  I started with quinoa, added some broccoli slaw and tuna then threw in some edamame and pomegranate seeds for good measure.  Topped with some Trader Ming's Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette, the result was a perfect lunch salad, and healthy to boot!  Thanks to Orna for the inspiration for my delicious lunch! I would have taken a photo my salad, but was halfway done eating this divine creation when I thought of that.  Next time!! 

To all the powers that be . . . thank you for my beloved, precious TRADER JOE'S!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds way more delicious than the salad I ate for lunch! I love Trader Joes too, and that they have so many options that are non-GMO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rarely able to take food pics: I'd rather be eating. Sounds yumsters

    ReplyDelete
  3. TJ is the best thing to hit the streets of Atlanta since the Varsity.

    ReplyDelete