Friday, January 17, 2014

Half-birthday nuzzles for Grandmom

Paul took this picture to capture the first time that my mom met Ru. She was so disappointed that she was not able to meet him right after he was born, but my granddad needed her help as he was recovering from surgery. As she held Russell for the first time, I could see her worries and stress about my granddad lift.

It's hard to believe, but today is Russell's 6-month birthday! I have been back at work for about three months, and have been relieved that the pace of my days typically does not leave space for me to miss or worry about him. Today was the first day that my jam packed schedule did not keep me distracted. I just couldn't get him off my mind.

I pretty much ran inside once I got to my parents house this afternoon to pick Russell up. As I gathered all of his stuff, and caught up with my mom about his day, she was excited to share that Russell was learning how to give kisses. She then showed me how he nuzzled his little nose and lips against her cheek for a "kiss". For the second time, I could see her completely relax and let her current worries settle. I was taken aback by the tenderness of the moment as he nuzzled and his Grandmom nuzzled. Today I am grateful that my mom had the chance to relax.  It was really nice to see her face free from lines of worry and anxiety, even if it was only for a brief period.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! I cannot believe Russel is so big and is already 6 months!

    ReplyDelete