Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Pomp and Circumstance

Well, after all the teasing I have committed about lovely ladies not blogging on the regular, I seem to have missed the first two days of my week, which has so far been more hectic than most! Occasionally, when I am not sleeping at night, missing my Mama, and in need of five extra hours in my days, I can be a bit crabby and ungrateful. I had a perfect weekend seeing Cathy before her surgery (as well as all you girls) and celebrating Emily's daughter-in-the-making, but Monday seemed to kick my proverbial tail. Having said that, I think a sub par beginning to a week calls for extra gratitude, so I shall make my remaining four blog posts count!

Today I am grateful for my newly acquired cap and gown! I cannot wait to finally have a tassel to accompany all this hassle. I started my college journey thirteen years ago (gosh I feel old), and I am thrilled but a little apprehensive to finally matriculate. After five whole years of wasting college time and resources and five years of working hard for the money and an Associate's degree, I was able to fully devote my time to learning and finishing these past few years, and I've enjoyed nothing more.  Although I have been busier than ever and fended off some very hard emotional times during my tenure at CSU I hold a soft place in my heart for the Southern Crescent and all its suburban, country charm.


1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Go Becky! You have worked so hard and I am so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete