Saturday, April 5, 2014

A Sappy Ode to Friendship



I complain about my fair city a lot, but I think that sitting in hours and hours of gridlock because of every concert, sporting event, or marathon as well as enduring people who drive 50 MPH in the fast lane or turn left off of Ponce during rush hour for thirty plus years entitles me to this Atlanta rite of passage. While some aspects of this city are positively maddening, I will always love this booming metropolis and my small suburb to the east, but by far my favorite thing about Atlanta/Decatur is the friendships I have made here. I love each of you girls, and am so glad to have have funny, smart, and supportive women in my life for 26, 23, 22, 20, and 7 years respectively. I enjoy birthday dinners, school memories, and celebrating life milestones, but I also appreciate shoulders to cry on in extreme crisis, friendly ears for blowing off emotional steam, and uplifting and loving thoughts whenever they are needed. As we all know, Cathy is having her second surgery on Tuesday, and I think there is no better time than now to say how grateful I am for her strength, health, and friendship.  We will all be praying for you and loving you, Kitty Kat!

2 comments:

  1. Awww thank you sweet Becky! I am so very grateful for your friendship as well as the friendships of all you lovely ladies! Your love, prayers, and support are getting me through this tough health situation. Thank you so much for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and timely post! I am so grateful for you girls as well. Every year I realize how lucky we are to have such close life-long friends.

    ReplyDelete