Thursday, May 8, 2014

Appreciation Week

Teacher appreciation week always sneaks up on me at the end of each year, and every year, it seems like a nice way to start to conclude another year in the classroom. Some years teacher appreciation week at the high school gets lost in the hustle and bustle of the end of the year testing, stress, and after-hours activities. This year in particular, I felt that administrators, parents, and even students shared their thanks. The PTA was kind enough to donate small gifts including gift cards, care packages, first edition books, and baked goods so that our principal could do a daily morning drawing. Each teacher will get a gift. I was so excited to get a $20 Kroger gift card on Monday! Today a student brought a fresh rose to each of her teachers. Since I co-teach with two other teachers throughout the day, we have three beautiful roses brightening up our space. The kind comments and simple thanks that I have heard from many of my students have brightened my week, and helped to ease the very stressful last few weeks of the school year.

This has also been an interesting week because I have thought about how thankful I am for the care that Ru's teachers have given him over the last seven months. I cannot imagine caring for so many babies at the same time. They do such a great job, and do so with ease. They also work hard to help Ru build his physical skills, as well as encourage his curiosity and play.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!! I'm so happy DHS recognized your hard work at school, Claire!!

    ReplyDelete