Sunday, June 1, 2014


Although solitude becomes lonely after long stretches of time, peaceful introspection provides me with a delightful respite from the pressures of every-day life. I generally keep my responsibilities tightly coiled and constant, but these last two weeks have overwhelmed me despite my close personal acquaintance with chaos. Since my last blog I have acquired a new degree and condo and shed a live-in boyfriend and hour-long commute. I miss daily companionship and the rambling craftsman bungalow, but I am perfectly content without the arguments and automobile congestion. Despite the melancholy that always consumes me after periods of change, I am happy to be in close proximity to my Dad and Aunt, thrilled that I can walk to coffee, public transit, and dog parks, and delighted to spend some stress-free time in quiet introspection. I am at a crossroads in life I suppose. Missing my Mom and brother still hurts daily, but I am truly thankful for the career freedom I finally have, my small but loving family, which includes those subscribed to this blog, and the chance to breathe and think in a small condo in the City of Decatur.    

2 comments:

  1. I understand your mixed feelings, but am really happy for all of the great changes that have happened recently. You got a degree, a new job, and have simplified your travel time to and from work! Becky, you are amazing and a true inspiration to me. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete